Conference Affairs | Guide for oral presentations
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003 (*.ppt), to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT format instead of PPS format.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
- GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 format should work with no difficulties.
Movies / Videos
- Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g., VHS cassettes) will be not accepted.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma.
- If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“;
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PRESENTATION
How to save your presentation
- Please submit your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- CD-ROM (CD-R/RW) , DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW);
- USB flash disc.
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
- DVD-RAM - will not be available.
How to submit your presentation
- Please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room at least 1,5 hours before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room one day before the day of your presentation.
- Speakers´ Ready Room will be situated on the third floor in the room called Thames.
- Opening Hours:
- Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:00 – 18:00
- Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:00 – 18:00
- Friday, March 27, 2009 8:00 – 12:00
- You can either control / move slides during your presentation on your own (by remote control PowerPoint) or your can ask the projectionist to do it on your behalf – in that case, please use words „Next slide“ or „Previous slide“ to instruct the technician (projectionist).
- Your own laptop for the presentation will be not accepted.
- All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.